Bee stings and pets

By September 10, 2018 February 17th, 2019 Uncategorized

Just like in people, a bee sting can be serious; cats and dogs are more likely to be stung because of their natural curiosity and playful nature. If your pet is stung by a bee or shows signs of a bee sting, remove the stinger if possible, and seek help from your veterinarian. Bee sting reaction may be a mild burning or itching for several minutes to profound swelling, pain and redness, to the most extreme allergic reactions that can happen very quickly and can become life threatening within minutes, these signs can include difficulty breathing, collapse, and death. Medication to ease the pain and itching associated with stings can be administered by us. In the case of a severe reaction or anaphylaxis, hospitalization for observation and more intensive care may be recommended.