Hornby Veterinary Centre is taking the COVID-19 risks very seriously.
Whilst your pets are currently not a significant risk factor, public spaces are, which is why we are implementing the below to protect our team and our clients.
- Avoid attendance if you are unwell, this includes if you are experiencing coughs, colds, sore throats.
- Avoid coming in with family and friends for your pets check-up.
- If our clinics are running behind we will ask that you wait in your car until we are able to see you.
- Feel free to email us your pets history before your appointment.
- If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us on 03 349 5311 to discuss the best way for us to ensure your pet receives the best care available
- We will social distancing by avoiding handshakes and maintaining the 1.5m distance between people.
- Because Covid 19 may survive on animals we will be limiting our normal pats and cuddles with your pets.
- If your household in currently under quarantine or someone in your home has been diagnosed with COVID-19 we cannot see your pet for routine visits.
- We have strict processes in place to ensure hygiene and safety at all times and will be updating and reviewing this daily.
- If you require medication or food, you can pay in advance and we will deliver it to you in the carpark. This is especially recommended for our elderly and immune compromised clients.
We remain deeply committed to serving the animal health community throughout this crisis. These steps will help us protect our clients and staff so we can continue to care for your family pets. By working together, we will get through this.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
The Hornby Veterinary Centre Team